Developed by Yakima Chief – Hopunion, Cryo Hops™ represents the most innovative technology in hop processing. It uses a proprietary cryogenic separation process which preserves all components of each hop fraction, producing two simultaneous co-products, LupuLN2™ and Debittered Leaf.
LupuLN2 is the concentrated lupulin of whole-leaf hops containing resins and aromatic oils. It is designed to provide intense hop flavor and aroma, enabling brewers to dose large quantities of hops without introducing astringent flavors or vegetative cone material. During early R&D trials, brewers specifically cited ‘juicy’ and ‘resinous’ characteristics. LupuLN2 offers twice the resin content of traditional whole-leaf and hop pellet products, and should be dosed at approximately half the amount by weight.
BENEFITS OF UTILIZING LupuLN2®
• Processed in an ISO-9001/14001-certified production facility
• Controlled, nitrogen-rich production environment with limited opportunities for oxidation
• Uniform particle-size distribution
• Intentional preservation of the lupulin glands
• Twice the resin content of T90 hop pellets
• Intense contribution of hop flavor and aroma
• Reduced vegetal and polyphenol flavor
• Greater sustainability in packaging, shipping and storage